Private Split-Top Workbench Class - Hardware and Materials Included
Time & Location
About The Event
The workbench is the heart of your shop. In this class you'll build the workbench of your dreams and the last one you'll ever need (unless you decide you want more than one). Over the course of 7 days, with the help of some heavy duty machines and basic hand tool techniques, you'll build Plate 11 Split-Top Roubo with a Dovetailed End Cap and Benchcrafted hardware.
This is a physically demanding class, but the effort will be well worth it. Here's what you'll learn:
- Preparing boards to create large laminations
- Hand and power tool methods for cutting large scale dovetails
- Drawbored mortise and tenon construction
- Planning for wood movement
- Installation and tuning of Benchcrafted Vise Hardware
- How to effectively flatten a workbench by hand
- Fitting and installing a sliding deadman
- Strategies for complicated glue-ups like those needed lo laminate the Gap-Stop
I'll show you how to safely complete each step using my tools as well as alternative methods so you can put them to use on future builds in your own shop. There will be time for demonstrations on sharpening hand planes and chisels as well as how to setup and sharpen a card scraper. I'll show you how to safely complete each step using my tools as well as alternative methods so you can put them to use on future builds in your own shop. There will be time for demonstrations on the setup and sharpening of each of the hand tools used in the build.
The completed workbench can be easily disassembled for transport back to your shop. If you plan to fly to class I can build a crate and pack your bench for shipping the week after the class ends for a small fee.
This is a private class, but if you brung a friend you'll each get a $500 discount. A full tool list will be sent out after your registration is complete.
Cost – Due to the late notice of this class the total cost of $3995 will be due at the time of registration. If you need to cancel within 24hrs of payment you will receive a full refund less any bank fees. After 24hrs you will receive a refund less a $500 cancellation fee.
Class Fee includes:
- Materials for an all Silver Maple 84" Split-Top Roubo
- Benchcrafted Glide M Leg Vise
- Benchcrafted M Tail Vise
- Barrel Nuts
- Daily Lunch.
Materials for any Accessories or Accent Woods are not included in this fee and will be collected at the time of the class. Please notify me when you register if you would like any of these special materials.
- Class Registration Deposit$3,995$3,9950$0